The National Forum is excited to announce a curriculum for advancing middle-grades reform! The curriculum, presented in a series of five training modules, can be used by practitioners, central office administrators, teachers, policy makers, parent and community groups, and anyone committed to improving the education of students in grades 5 through 8.
The Forum developed and produced this unique resource with funding from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and under supervision from the National Staff Development Council. Each curriculum module reflects current research, best practice, and field-tested training methods.
The five training modules provide participants with substantial knowledge of the following topics:
Module 1: Vision for Middle-Grades Reform and Schools to Watch®
Module 2: Instructional Leadership to Advance Middle-Grades Reform
Module 3: Staff Development to Advance Middle-Grades Reform
Module 4: Advocacy for Middle-Grades Reform
Module 5: Building Partnerships to Advance Middle-Grades Reform
Each module includes a cd-rom and comes with:
- Trainer’s Guide—scripted instructions for workshop leaders
- Transparency Masters—four color, ready to use
- Participant Handouts—ready for printing
- Resources—additional activities and resource materials
- Each Trainer’s Guide features: an agenda including 10 hours of activities which can be delivered in a two-day setting; trainer notes with step-by-step guidance for delivering the workshop; multiple persentation strategies; workshop activities that take advantage of the best staff development strategies including lecuretttes, group work, simulations, jigsaws, case studies, video presentations by experts, carousel brainstorming, action planning, reading, and reflection.
The Leadership Curriculum modules can be ordered through:
The National Forum
PO Box 224
Savoy, IL 61874
Phone: (217) 469-6299
Fax: (217) 469-6025
Email: National Forum